Call of Duty: Black Ops -Preview-
- The highest level is 50 and Prestige Mode will return, but the number of Prestiges is currently unknown.
- In the Black Ops rank system, the player must level up to unlock weapons for purchase.
- Drivable vehicles will return in the form user-controlled killstreaks such as the RC-XD andChopper Gunner.
- Some campaign levels will be based off multiplayer maps instead of the typical vice-versa. This change is because some multiplayer maps had been made before the campaign was finalized.
- Players can now record, manage, edit and upload in-game video clips to their file share via “theatre mode.”
- Matchmaking is being changed so that it is easier for friends to play together.
- In-game currency will be used to purchase weapons and upgrades.
- Split screen online for the Xbox 360 has been implemented.
- Unlike in World at War, submachine guns will have full movement speed while aiming down the sights, as they did in most other Call of Duty games.
- Team Deathmatch will return; however, points for headshots and other bonuses will be added to the team’s score.
- Capture the Flag
- Search and Destroy
- Hardcore Team Deathmatch
- Combat Training: Fight against enemy AI in a training mode.
CoD Points are a new major feature of Black Ops. CoD Points will become the new in-game currency and will allow players to buy weapons, attachments, andContracts. In addition to this, players are also allowed to wager these points in certain game modes.
Contracts are a new system in addition to the classic challenge system in Black Ops. A player is able to buy a contract with CoD Points, which will then direct them to complete an object. Completion of a contract will yield a higher CoD point payout than what was originally paid for the contract itself.
A new mode with a separate ranking structure than the standard online modes, will allow players to gamble with their money. However, only the top three will receive the prize. They will be placed into one of four random modes:
- One in the Chamber – each player is given a pistol with one bullet and a knife. For each kill achieved the player will receive one more bullet. However, each player will only have three lives.
- Sharpshooter – each player is given the same random weapon. The weapon will be used for 45 seconds before being switched out for another one. Kills will award the player with perks and score multipliers.
- Sticks and Stones – each player receives only a crossbow, ballistic knife, and a Tomahawk. The catch in this gamemode is that if the player was able to hit an enemy with a Tomahawk, the enemy player will go “bankrupted”.
- Gun Game – players start out with a pistol. For each kill they move up a level, granting them a better gun. First person to achieve kills with all 20 weapons wins. However, someone who is knifed will move down a level.
Create a Class
- Create-A-Class 2.0 will allow players to customize their appearance in addition to their load-out. Players may see what their character looks like while choosing a class, as the player’s basic appearance will be determined by their Tier 1 Perk. Players will also be able to choose a Facepaintpattern.
- Some sights such as the Red Dot Sight can use custom reticules which includes choice of shape and color.
- Gun camouflages will be featured in Black Ops and will be far more numerous than in previous Call of Duty games.
- Players’ clan tags are engraved onto their guns.
- 3 kill streaks: Spy Plane, RC-XD
- 4 kill streaks: Counter-Spy Plane, SAM Turret
- 5 kill streaks: Care Package, Napalm Strike
- 6 kill streaks: Sentry Gun, Mortar Team
- 7 kill streaks: Attack Helicopter, Valkyrie Rockets
- 8 kill streaks: Blackbird, Rolling Thunder
- 9 kill streaks: Chopper Gunner
- 11 kill streaks: Attack Dogs, Gunship
- The PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops will feature dedicated servers.
- Modding tools and the leaning feature will return, though it is likely that the modding tools will come out a bit after the game has been released.
- The PC version will be using Steam as DRM and will be using VAC as an anti-cheating tool.
- Players can choose a server via a server browser screen or use matchmaking to send a lobby to a server chosen by the game.
- Dedicated servers must be rented.
- Unranked servers are completely customizable while ranked ones let the renter choose levels and gametypes.
- Treyarch has confirmed that it will be close to impossible to use any kind of mods in Call of Duty: Black Ops.
- Matchmaking is being changed so that it is easier for friends to play together.
- Activision has denied that a public beta for Black Ops will be released. For info on the matter, click here.
Light Machine Guns
Care Package-Only Weapons
- Extended Magazines
- Dual Mag
- ACOG Scope
- Red Dot Sight
- Masterkey Shotgun
- Infrared Scope
- Grenade Launcher
- Swarovski Scope
- Snub Nose
- Dual Wield
- Speed Reloader
- Rapid Fire
- Upgraded Iron Sights
Alternate Ammo Types
- Dragon’s Breath
- Explosive Bolts
So far, there have been three confirmed retail editions:
- The normal edition, with just the game, box and manual.
- The Hardened Edition will come with the game, a Black Ops Medal, a Woods avatar for Xbox Live/PSN Home, and four exclusive co-op maps, which have been revealed to be the four zombie maps from Call of Duty: World at War. This edition will cost $79.99/£64.99
- The Prestige Edition – which will come with a usable RC-XD with a video camera and microphone attached, transmitting footage to the controller; included are the contents of the Hardened edition. This edition costs £129.99/$149.99
|Sacrifice||Ensure your squad escapes safely from Cuba||10||Bronze|
|Death to Dictators||Use a single round to bring down Castro||15||Bronze|
|Vehicular Slaughter||Destroy all enemies on vehicles during the prison break||25||Silver|
|Give me liberty, or give me death||Escape Vorkuta||10||Bronze|
|Slingshot Kid||Destroy all slingshot targets in 3 attempts||15||Bronze|
|VIP||Receive orders from Lancer||10||Bronze|
|A safer place||Sabotage the Soviet space program||10||Bronze|
|Tough Economy||Use no more than 6 TOW guided missiles to destroy the tanks in the defense of Khe Sanh||15||Bronze|
|Looks don’t count||Break the siege in the battle of Khe Sanh||10||Bronze|
|SOG Rules||Retrieve the dossier and the defector from Hue City||10||Bronze|
|Raining Pain||Rack up a bodycount of 20 NVA using air support in Hue City||15||Bronze|
|The Dragon Within||Kill 10 NVA with Dragon’s Breath rounds||15||Bronze|
|Heavy Hand||Use the Grim Reaper to destroy the MG emplacement||15||Bronze|
|Up close and personal||Silently take out 3 VC||15||Bronze|
|Double Trouble||Use only dual wield weapons to escape Kowloon||10||Bronze|
|Broken English||Escape Kowloon||10||Bronze|
|Lord Nelson||Destroy all targets and structures while making your way up the river||25||Silver|
|Never get off the boat||Find the Soviet connection in Laos||10||Bronze|
|Pathfinder||Guide the squad through the Soviet outpost without them getting killed||50||Silver|
|Mr. Black OP||Enter the Soviet relay station undetected||50||Silver|
|With extreme prejudice||Get to the POW compound in the Hind using only rockets||25||Silver|
|Russian bar-b-q||Incinerate 10 enemies with the flamethrower attachment in the POW compound||15||Bronze|
|Light Foot||Escape the ship with 2:15 left on the timer in Veteran.||30||Silver|
|Some wounds never heal||Escape the past||10||Bronze|
|I hate monkeys||Kill 7 monkeys in under 10 seconds in the Rebirth labs||15||Bronze|
|No Leaks||Make it through the NOVA 6 gas without dying on Rebirth Island||50||Silver|
|Clarity||Crack the code||10||Bronze|
|Double Whammy||Destroy both helicopters with one TOW guided missile from the deck of the ship||15||Bronze|
|BLACK OP MASTER||Complete the campaign on Hardened or Veteran difficulty||100||Gold|
|Stand Down||Complete the campaign on any difficulty||35||Silver|
|Frag Master||Kill 5 enemies with a single frag grenade||15||Bronze|
|Sally Likes Blood||Demonstrate killer economic sensibilities by taking down 3 enemies with a single bullet||15||Bronze|
|Unconventional Warfare||Use the explosive bolts to kill 30 enemies||15||Bronze|
|Down and Dirty||Complete “SOG” and “The Defector” on Veteran difficulty||25||Silver|
|It’s your funeral||Complete “Numbers,” “Project Nova” and “Victor Charlie” on Veteran difficulty||25||Silver|
|Cold Warrior||Complete “Operation 40″, “Vorkuta”, and “Executive Order” on Veteran difficulty||25||Silver|
|Not Today||Complete “Crash Site,” “WMD” and “Payback” on Veteran difficulty||25||Silver|
|Burn Notice||Complete “Rebirth” and “Redemption” on Veteran difficulty||25||Silver|
|Closer Analysis||Find all the hidden intel||15||Bronze|
|Matinee||Watch a film or clip with a friend||15||Bronze|
|Gamblin’ Fool||Finish 5 Wager Matches “in the money”||20||Bronze|
|You can do it||Reach rank 10 in Basic Training||15||Bronze|
|The Collector||In Zombie mode, buy every weapon off the walls in a single game||20||Bronze|
|Hands Off the Merchandise||Kill the Pentagon thief before it can steal your load-out||20||Bronze|
|Sacrificial Lamb||Kill 6 zombies after getting shot by a Pack-a-Punched Crossbow bolt||15||Bronze|
|“Insert Coin”||Access the terminal and battle the forces of the Cosmic Silverback in Dead Ops Arcade||10||Bronze|
|Easy Rhino||In Dead Ops Arcade, use a Speed Boost to blast through 20 or more enemies at one time||5||Bronze|
All credits for this go to http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Black_Ops
This entry was posted on October 16, 2010 by Kolten. It was filed under Gaming and was tagged with Black Ops, Business, Business and Economy, Call of Duty, call-of-duty-black-ops, Capture the flag, Computers and Internet, Data Formats, Deathmatch (gaming), Designers, FAQs Help and Tutorials, Game, Load Balancing, Site Management, Social Networking Icons, Style Sheets, theme, Tools, tutorial, Video game, Web design, Web Design and Development, WordPress, Xbox.